Monday, May 14, 2012

Between a Mom & Daughter: Happy Mother's Day


Carlton & Madelyn with me, Mother's Day 2012
 As I sit here, laptop in hand, trying to decide what to type, I find myself reflecting on yesterday - Mother's Day.  I'm finding it difficult to decide what to write about, and this topic was MY idea!

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  I find myself thankful on Mother's Day.  I am thankful for my godly mother.  Thankful for all the wonderful memories I have of her and our time together growing up.  I hope my children can look back with similar special memories.  I am thankful that God chose to bless me with adopting Sarah, Nathan and Laura.  I am thankful that God allowed me to carry and birth two beautiful children, Carlton & Madelyn.  I find myself thankful for many things. 

I also find myself hopeful.  Hopeful that my children will see Christ in me.  Hopeful that, despite my many flaws and many mistakes, God will mold my children and make them more like Him each day.  Hopeful that with each passing year, God continues to teach me how to be a woman, wife and mother who is set apart. 


Me & Lola, Mother's Day 2012

Me & Sarah, Easter 2012
P.S.  Sorry for no pictures of Nathan.  He was working yesterday :(  And don't forget to check out Sarah's post @  http://twopeepsandapooch.blogspot.com/2012/05/between-mom-daughter-happy-mothers-day.html

1 comment:

  1. Great pics...you are beautiful and have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing. I agree with you wholeheartedly that, despite my many flaws and many mistakes I'm hopeful my children will still see Christ in me!

    ReplyDelete

Please offer insight on how this post may have encouraged you today. Or "lay down your mask" and share your stuggle.